Over the last month I’ve been getting the tile floor laid in the machine room, entry and closet. It’s still be quite cold most days, so I setup the tile saw indoors with some plastic to catch the water and debris.
Ryan helped me lay the tile in the machine room, which went down pretty easily, the gaps against the wall on the long sides were a bit too wide.
I filled the gaps with foam and trimmed it flush.
Then I installed a small black aluminum trim piece between the floor and the base tile to cover the gap.
I setup some shelves with storage bins and hooked up a receiver to the speakers in the lobby.
Will helped me with the entry and closet. We cut every tile and dry-laid with spacers in the entry and closet, then moved the entire layout to the live room.
This time when we laid it, everything fit perfectly.
For the entry, since people will be kicking their shoes off, I went up the wall an extra 12 in.
Though it was meant to ad durability, I think it also makes the entry look much fancier.
Finally, I setup some shelves with cleaning supplies in the closet.