September 12, 2021
This weekend I poured a pad for the heat-pump’s outside unit to sit on.
First I built a form out of 2x4s and iron stakes.
Then I added rebar, set on high-chairs. This was overkill, but we do have extreme winters and I really don’t want it to break apart.
We mixed each bag by hand in a wheelbarrow.
I had to work out a lot of air bubbles, but was able to get it to settle and finish smooth.
I let it cure for a couple of days before removing the forms.
Then I backfilled the sides with the displaced gravel.
The stand fit great and bolted down very securely.
Thankfully this location isn’t visible from the house.